- Should be driven by entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be an owner-operator
- Should have the required financial resources and track record
- Should be computer literate, and formal qualifications is an advantage
- Should possess the attributes of a business owner to successfully fulfill the role of Dr.Grill’s franchisee
- The franchisee needs to be an energetic self-starter with a professional approach to business.
- The franchisee must be people orientated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The franchisee must demonstrate entrepreneurial skills; yet also show the ability and willingness to be a team player.
- He/She must have a love for working with people and must be capable of gaining and maintaining rapport with his customer base through being friendly, patient and tolerant, yet firm.
- He must be able to manage others effectively, have above average motivational skills and create the personalized friendly and fun environment.
- The franchisee needs to share an alignment with the Dr.Grill’s values. He must be able to model the characteristics of a true Dr.Grill’an.
- The franchisee must consider his business as a long-term investment. He/She must show commitment and have a loyal and consistent character.
- By the nature of our business and the QSR sector, the franchisee needs to have stamina and strength to commit to the hard work and long hours needed when operating a Dr.Grill’s franchise.
Existing Dr.Grill operators have a protected territory of 3 Kilometers or 30,000 people, whichever is smaller. Prior to allowing the establishment of any new franchised store, Dr.Grill is obligated to give the closest franchisee 30 days prior written notice of the proposed new store. During the 30 day period, the franchisee may apply to Dr.Grill for the right to build the store and Dr.Grill shall negotiate in good faith with the franchisee, taking into consideration all relevant factors, including past and present operational performance and financial capabilities of the franchisee, etc.
Follow the link to complete a ‘Request for Franchise‘ form. After we respond to your franchise inquiry, you will have an opportunity to request, complete and submit a Franchise Application. Once we receive your complete application, we can assist you through the process.
- The right to use and operate under Dr.Grill’s name and concept
- Franchisee assessment costs
- Assistance with site selection, evaluation and lease negotiations
- Initial legal costs incurred in conclusion of the Franchise Agreement
- Initial pre-opening/launch assistance
- Any other costs incurred and/or disbursements made in respect of the transaction
The amount of profit is based on a number of factors, including sales, costs, and the franchisee’s ability to manage the business. Dr.Grill does not, however, make or release earnings claims and it does not authorize anyone (including its employees) to make such claims.
Before you may begin operating your restaurant, you (or a principal), your manager and other employees must attend and complete to Dr.Grill’s satisfaction, the initial training program offered by Dr.Grill on the operation of a Dr.Grill outlet. The training includes 1 week off-site training and 3 weeks on-site support and training. All training costs incurred including travel and lodging of the management team are the responsibility of the franchisee.
This fee is payable upfront as a deposit pending conclusion of the negotiations and is non-refundable after signature of the franchise agreement. Any costs incurred prior to signature of the Franchise Agreement (in the event that the transaction is not consummated for any reason) will be deducted from this upfront payment prior to a refund being processed.
Yes! We provide a comprehensive training program that focuses on all aspects of our business. The curriculum includes product preparation, marketing, finance, cash management, multi-store supervision, customer service, among other topics. We also continue to work with you as your business grows, providing expert analysis and consultation to help you succeed.
Dr.Grill monitors a franchisee’s performance using a Franchise 360 scorecard which assesses a variety of factors including cleanliness and safety, service standards, food preparation and quality, and operational standards. Franchisees are required to meet Dr.Grill’s brand standards with respect to the operation of their stores.